Advanced Wreck Diver
The TDI Advanced Wreck Course
is the next step for any diver that has taken a wreck diver course. TDI’s Sidemount Diver specialty is the perfect course for any technical diver wishing to use this increasingly popular equipment configuration During this course, your TDI Instructor will teach you the proper techniques for locating and planning a penetration dive. The advanced wreck course is commonly taught with other popular TDI course such as advanced nitrox, decompression procedures, extended range, closed circuit rebreather, and trimix. The course covers topics and skills like
- Use of guidelines
- Overhead emergency procedures
- Redundant equipment requirements
- Locating and identifying wrecks
- Hazards of wreck diving
- Surveying of wrecks
The TDI Advanced Wreck Diving manual covers all the most commonly used wreck diving techniques in cold and warm water. The manual also covers team diving techniques and preservation of wrecks.
Who this course is for:
- The basic wreck diver looking to:
- Learn proper advanced wreck penetration techniques
- Advance their technical diving education
What you can expect to learn:
- Use of advanced wreck diving equipment including:
- Primary cylinder(s)-dual outlet single tank, independent doubles, or doubles with isolation manifold
- Decompression/stage cylinders
- Redundant primary regulators
- Primary and back-up lighting systems
- Penetration/safety reels
- Lift bag/SMBs
- Wreck penetration procedures
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Guideline use, deployment, following, retrieval
- Team awareness and communication
- Emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, entrapment/entanglement, loss of visibility, injured/unconscious diver, etc)
- SMB/lift bag deployment
- Proper trim, buoyancy and propulsion techniques
Courses now run regularly – call for schedule details. Equipment available for rental
We offer the option of scheduling this as a four day course or split over two weekend periods of three days.
Option 1. Four day course, theory one day three days diving (6 dives total) Only $1150
Option 2. 2 x Long weekend (3 days) course, Only $1150
Course price includes accommodation, evening meals & 6 shipwreck dives.
TDI Dive Courses Calendar
Select course and date from the calendar to make an enquiry.
Enquire about a course/charter date
Please look on a course date within the calendar above and then use this form to enquire.